(C) Sale of Game Plays
(1) Each Play shall be sold by the Company for the price stated in the relevant
Game Rules provided however that nothing in these Rules or the Terms and Conditions
shall prevent the Company issuing Plays to Players without charge to such Players
in connection with promotional activity for the Lottery or as a Prize in a Draw-Based
Game Played .
(2) Play Slips are provided for the convenience of Players, and shall have no monetary
or Prize value nor will they constitute evidence of a Play or of the numbers selected.
A Valid Winning Play shall be the only valid basis for claiming a Prize.
(3) Players acknowledge and accept that no Selection will be entered Draw after
the relevant Draw Break
(4) If a Play is not recorded on the Central Computer System that Play is not valid.
(5) In registering to open an Account and play the Draw-Based Games Played , Players
acknowledge that the Draw-Based Games are games of chance, that the outcome of a
Play, in the case of Draw-Based Games, is determined by the selection of Winning
Numbers at random with the aid of mechanical drawing equipment or such other equipment
as the Company may from time to time have determined, and that playing the Draw-Based
Games Played does not involve the exercise of any skill or judgment by a Player.
(D) Play Purchase and Prize Restrictions
There shall be no general right for any person to purchase a play. No Play may be
purchased by or Prize paid to:
(a) any Minor whether acting on his own behalf or on behalf of another person;
(b) directors and employees of the Company;
(c) any person who has an Account the status of which prohibits them from playing
the Draw-Based Games Played or receiving a Prize (including, without limitation,
a person whose Account has been suspended or terminated);
(d) any person who is not permitted to play the Draw-Based Games in the jurisdiction
in which they are located;
(g) any person who does not meet the criteria set out in Clause 4(A)(1) of the Terms
(h) such other persons or category of persons as the Company and the Commission
may agree from time to time.
(E) Game Rules
The Game Rules for each Draw-Based Game Played shall contain at least the following
(a) name of the relevant Draw-Based Game;
(b) price per Play;
(c) Prize Structure;
(d) approximate odds of winning each category of Prize;
(e) method of determining Prize winners; and
(f) dates and/or frequency of Draws.
(1) The Company will determine the time, frequency, date and method of the Draws
for each Draw-Based Game in the relevant Game Rules .
(2) Each Draw will select winning numbers at random with the aid of mechanical drawing
equipment or such other equipment as the Company may from time to time determine.
(3) All Draw-Based Game draws will be conducted in accordance with the Draw Rules
and in the presence of a witness who will be a representative of State Government.
(4) In the event that the draw for any Draw-Based Game cannot take place on the
date or at the time fixed, it shall take place as soon as reasonably practicable
(5) Draws will, as far as practicable, be recorded on a video tape which will be
retained by the Company but failure by the Company to record the Draw or retain
the tape or the partial or total failure of technical, electronic, or mechanical
equipment used to record or broadcast the Draw will not invalidate the Draw.
(6) The Company shall have no obligation to make any payment against any incorrectly
announced number at the Draw.
(G) Dissemination of Winning Numbers Information
(1) The results of each Draw will be made available at On Line Retailers' outlets,
on the Site after each Draw. Results will be issued by the Company to the other
media and may also be published in such other manner as the Company may from time
to time determine.
(2) The information made available and disseminated will be:
(a) the name or title of the Draw-Based Game;
(b) the date of the Draw;
(c) the Winning Numbers;
(d) the amount payable for each correct Play in each Prize category;
(e) such other information as the Company may from time to time determine.
(3) The dissemination and publication of Winning Numbers in the media and at the
On Line Retailers' outlets is for information purposes only, and the Company will
not pay a Prize based upon information obtained from winning number information
or any source other than the official draw results recorded as in Rule 4(E)(4) above
and electronically recorded in the Central Computer System.
(H) Play Validation Requirements
(1) Before a Prize may be paid on any Winners Claim, it must be validated according
to the Play Validation Requirements. TheCompany's decision as to whether or not
the Winners Claim is a Valid Winning Play shall be final and binding. Without prejudice
to the generality of the foregoing:
(a) the Company shall declare a Winners Claim invalid, and accordingly shall not
pay any Prize, if:
(ii) the Winners Claim is counterfeit, has been forged in whole or in part or fails
to pass the Company's confidential validation and security tests; or
(iii) the claim in respect of the Winners Claim is not received by the Company by
the deadline set by the Company or within the timescale applicable to the particular
Draw-Based Game; or
(iv) the Ticket Number of a Winners Claim does not appear on the Company's official
records of Valid Winning Plays or the relevant Prize in relation to the Valid Winning
Play with that Ticket Number has been paid previously; or
(v) the details associated with the Ticket Number of a Winners Claim do not match
the Company's official records of that Ticket Number; or
(vi) the Company reasonably believes that a winners Claim was purchased by a member
of any of the classes of individuals listed in Rule 4(B)(1).The Company may at its
discretion declare a Claimed Play invalid and accordingly shall not be obliged to
pay any Prize if:
(vi) the Company reasonably believes t(hat the person claiming the Prize is not
the holder of the relevant Account or his duly authorised representative or that
the information provided by the person claiming the Prize is incomplete or has been
altered or tampered with; or
(vii) the winners Claim Play has not been issued or sold by the Company; or (iii)
the Ticket Number or any other unique feature of the Claimed Play does not correspond
precisely with those on the Interactive System in respect of the Draw-Based Game
Played to which the Winners Claim relates and/or the Winners Calim is defective,
in whole or in part.
(2) The Company reserves the right to withhold payment of any Prize until it is
entirely satisfied as to the validity of any Claimed Play and the good faith of
the Claimant, and reserves the right to call for proof of entitlement to a Prize
(including, without limit,
Identification Information proof of identity and capacity to claim)
(3)The Company reserves the right to photograph any Claimant for its own record.
(I)Responsibility of Players
(1) Each Player is responsible for the safe custody of any information required
to make a claim on a particular Play (including, the relevant Ticket Number). Failure
by a Player to produce sufficient Identification Information onclaiming a Prize
will result in refusal by the Company to pay the Prize.
(2) Each Player is responsible for claiming and checking that he receives the full
value of the Prize to which he is entitled.
(J) Game Termination
(1) The Company may at any time announce the termination date for an individual
Draw-Based Game. If this occurs no Plays in the relevant game will be sold after
the termination date.
(K) Use of Prize Claim Forms
(1) Notwithstanding the provisions of game rules above, the Company requires the
completion of a Prize Claim Form for any High Tier Prize. Prize Claim Forms are
available from the Retailer outlets.
(2) The Company may, in its sole discretion, limit the Plays playable by, or refuse
to sell Plays to, any person or persons without giving reasons, but which may include
circumstances in which, in its view, that person or persons is or are playing in
a manner which it deems to be interfering with other Players' or potential Players'
reasonable access to the relevant games.